Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My new addictions...

A few of the things that are occupying my time lately (because I obviously have not been spending it blogging !  I do have an excuse - my laptop has been broken for almost a month now.  It has squashed the normal in bed blogging I was doing)

  • I am positively drooling at all of the goodies over at Knock Off Wood .  She looks at different Pottery Barn, West Elm and other lovely furniture looks, and then makes plans to make that same item at a fraction of the cost.  I've already received promises from Ben to make a couple of the pieces, including the Hyde Coffee Table.

  • I'm in love with my new Olfa Circular Cutter .  That thing has seriously changed my crafting life.  I used to hate cutting circles - trying to find the right bowl in my house to make a good template etc.  I now sit in front of a movie with Ben at night and cut out all my circles for felt food like tomatoes, cucumbers etc.  Zip Zip Zip.

  • We're knee deep in working in my New Year's resolution of getting rid of/donating/selling one thing a day.  It's been very successful and I dropped off 3 bags/boxes at Salvation Army this past weekend, and have sold quite a few things, earning several hundred dollars in spending money.  Yahoo !

2 comments:

Casey said...

I need you back in blog land....I'm literally getting the shakes from banning myself from facebook.

Libby said...

Your wish is my command. It's been on my to-do list anyways !