Monday, December 07, 2009

A boy and his daddy

We had a rather quiet weekend over here.  The weather has turned bitterly cold and so we're spending many of our hours indoors.  Eli has been quite a rascal lately and makes me want to tear my hair out on occasions.

But, as so frequently happens in all species that don't eat their young, he has moments that just melt your heart, and make you decide not to put him on ebay.

After a day just FULL of naughtiness, Eli was an absolute doll during the time right before bedtime, and I let him stay up super late just because I was so craving his hugs and kisses after all the crud we'd done all day.  I don't think he's been feeling well, and he's been spitting out his juice all over and trying to turn over furniture - just being a boy.  I think he's starting to get a little too pent up in here, and I have to try better to remember that just because Ben and I enjoy staying indoors, nice and snuggly, all winter long, that little boys don't necessarily feel the same.  I need to try to get him to burn off more energy.

I had a cookie exchange with my MOPS group tonight, and so Eli and daddy got to spend some time together.  Ben was running late at work, and I needed to go by work on the way to the exchange, and so I bundled E up and brought him to Ben's job and we exchanged E.  Then the boys went out to Burger King for a special treat, and then went and played in the mall play place.  It sounds like they both had a great time, and Ben appreciates all the cookies I brought home !



And then, as Ben was tucking him in at night, he apparently said quite clearly "Night night " !!  This is very exciting to me - E isn't a huge talker, even with words that he already has said, and a new word is a big deal here... especially a sweet little phrase like "night night".  He has been melting me and saying "Mama, mama !" more often now.  

I wish I were a better photographer.  I was trying to take some artsy photographs of my Christmas decorations tonight, and they stink.  I wish I had an eye like my sister-in-law Casey does.

Oh well.  I've been trying to think of a cute name for having a regular weekly update on my sewing projects, and I'm trying to come up with some time to create my header for this blog.... maybe after Christmas !

~ Libby


1 comment:

Casey said...

Your photos are great! I'm thinking bloggie banner photo shoot while you are home.... :)