Thursday, December 03, 2009

One more sleep

We're getting excited around here  - Ben has his annual holiday party tomorrow night.  We're looking forward to the door prizes.  I think that officially makes us boring - most people who are 25 would be looking forward to the open bar, but nah.... Target gift cards sound AMAZING to us.

I'm thinking of posting weekly a picture of crafting/sewing that I'm working on - I'm trying to think of which day in my life I"m most likely to carry through on that. It would be good for me to communicate what I kind of have going on in my craft room. 

Managed to divert disaster in fabric-world lately.  I was prewashing my flannels that I'd bought on Black Friday, and the one I liked the least bled all over on the one that I absolutely loved (isn't it always that way !?).  Well, after several different remedies and another washing... I've restored the loved flannel to its previous glory.

We have our tree up and fully trimmed.  I'll try to take a picture tomorrow.  When we went to Menard's yesterday, Eli decided he needed an Elmo and a Big  Bird ornament.  Ben wanted him to decide between them, and of course I'm a sucker and my heart melted.  He adores them and wants to carry them around most of the day.  We also have a big stack of already wrapped presents under the tree.  Whenever we get a present in for any of Eli's cousins or I finish a project that is a present, I just wrap it and get it under the tree.  Eli has no interest in them once they're wrapped.  I realize that this is probably the only year I can ever get away with this strategy.

Tomorrow I need to go to the DMV and get a new driver's license.   For some bizarre reason, I had taken mine out of my wallet and (of course) forgot to put it back in, and instead just put it in the pocket of my hoodie.  Well, now I can't find the hoodie.  I'm pretty bummed out about it actually too because I really liked the hoodie - it was pretty much brand new.  I know that I'll go get a new license, and that'll be the day that I find the hoodie.

1 comment:

Mama Lusco said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway. I really like the key fob tutorial you shared. Thanks!