Thursday, December 31, 2009

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

I know there's been a gap in posting - I've just been so busy !  We drove home to visit family in Michigan for 10 days around Christmas.  It's been a busy few days recovering from the drive and getting our family up and running again.  Highlights from the break:

-  We drove through the winter storm (known as Blizzard Alvin here in the Dakotas).  It was a very long trip and a couple of more difficult bits, but all and all not a bad drive back from Michigan.

-  We visited twice with my beloved friends Andy and Joanna and their little guy Jordan, and the second time we saw them we also spent the morning with Jo's parents, and one of my best friends, Bill.  It was a blessed time and so wonderful to be with people who know your 'back' story and you don't have to explain everything to.

-  Got to see my beautiful niece Cora several times and be enchanted with her whimsical personality.  She is such a GIRL compared to Eli, I could scarcely believe it.

-  Speaking of my Eli, at my parent's house, he liked to drive their toy size shopping cart around the most. He also enjoyed their child size table that is perfectly set up for coloring.

I need to close this post now, because I could type for hours to detail all the wonderful aspects for spending over a week with family.  I have lots of my current sewing projects to show off tomorrow, including a peak at the giveaway I won during the Sew Mama Sew Dec. 2 giveaway !

No comments: